Main text: 2 Corinthians 9: 6-11
- Finances alone cannot make you prosperous.
- You can’t prosper in the Kingdom of God outside God.
- To get out of the stage of not having, sow.
- There are three (3) groups of people when we talk about Kingdom wealth.
- The poor – These people are always pursuing money. Their lives are always patterned to chase it; They will do anything to have it, even kill.
Money is not to be pursued, money comes.
- The rich – They have the characteristics of accumulating money. They transfer money into pursuing material things; houses, cars, clothing. They boast in the extent of things they possess. Matthew 16:26
- The wealthy – These are people who are constantly finding solutions to the problems of humanity. They run after ideas, not money. There is a place where you stand that attracts money. They are rich in ideas.
Areas you need to be rich in
- Spiritual Wealth
The foundation for Kingdom Prosperity is rooted in Spiritual Wealth. Matthew 16: 26, Luke 12: 16-21
First, you must be rich in your thinking before you go looking for money.
It is very dangerous to be rich in material things but not rich in God.
Sunday, 20th June 2021
Topic: The Father and his home
Preacher: Bishop George Adjeman
1 Corinthians 11:1-12
- The source of the woman is the man and God is the source of the man.
1 Corinthians 11:8-9
- The woman was created for man.
- Man comes through the woman and not from the woman.
- Whatever is the source is also the sustainer.
- Any man that does not have the capacity to sustain a woman cannot be a father.
- The role of the father is not limited to children. It begins with fathering your wife.
- Fatherhood is not a title. It is an assignment, a responsibility.
- The man is the foundation, the woman sprouts out of the foundation and the children are the fruits.
- Fatherhood goes beyond the cars, expensive clothes and accessories. Fatherhood is about leaving a legacy for your children. Impacting positively in all spheres in the lives of your children so that when you’re no more, they can take over.
- How do you know a father has performed his function as a father? Look at his son. A good yardstick for measuring fatherhood is what your son is seen doing.
- If a man has no one to pattern his life after, he has no identity. Being a father requires that you provide an identity for your children. An identity goes beyond the name. Children who do not have a sense of identity with their fathers, find them in the world. Some join all kinds of groups just to feel they belong. Unfortunately, many funds themselves in bad company and get influenced into vices like smoking and teenage pregnancy.1 Corinthians 11:1
- I dare fathers to ask their children to do everything they’re doing now! John 5:19
- The government is not the only one at fault when it comes to the issue of unemployment. Fathers are also responsible to provide work for their children, a vision, purpose and meaning in life. John 5:17
- Hardworking fathers produce hardworking children. John 17:4
- One of the fundamental problems in many homes today is trust. Fathers provide an atmosphere of trust in their children.
Luke 23:46, John 3:35
- Due to lack of trust in some homes, some children marry early just to leave the home. Unfortunately, some fathers sexually abuse their own daughters or children so they find any other place safer than their homes.
Preacher: Bishop George Adjeman
Main Scriptures: Ephesians 5: 23-33, Genesis 2: 15-18
To establish a home and make it prosper, LOVE IS NOT ENOUGH.
You need to prepare by cultivating these virtues.
Your posture in these virtues will determine the kind of marriage you will have.
FACTS TO CONSIDER IN MARRIAGE
- God’s first thoughts concerning marriage is centered on the man.
- When a man marries a woman, he becomes the key to holding the family together.
Husband = house + bond
- Don’t prioritize his physical appearance or his wealth.
TO KNOW WHO TO MARRY:
- He should be in the presence of God.
The Garden of Eden represents “THE PRESENCE OF GOD”. Genesis 2: 15
He must be connected to God and have a rich relationship with God.
The first thing a man needs at the age of marriage is not a woman.
- He must be gainfully working. Genesis 2:15
In marriage, men and women are NOT EQUAL.
- The man must be a cultivator.
Is he a tender, a preserver of seed or a waster?
How fruitful are his conversations? Ephesians 5:25
He should be able to take the raw material (the woman) and nurture her into a fruitful vine.
- He is the protector of the woman. Genesis 2:15
Under no circumstance should he use his physique to intimidate or frustrate the woman.
- He should be able to hear God’s voice and follow God’s instructions.
Genesis 2:16-17. He should have reverence for the Word of God. This is because anytime there are problems to resolve, it is the Word of God that must be consulted, otherwise there will be chaos in the home.
NB: Check whether he loves you or lusts for you.
There is no way a man should compare his wife to his mother. You left your mother to be with your wife so your wife should be your priority.
PREACHER: BISHOP GEORGE ADJEMAN
TOPIC: THE PICTURE OF A CHRISTIAN FAMILY
Anchor Scripture: Genesis 2:18-23
- Family life and marriage is instituted by God, but practices by man.
- Family life and marriage is not a display of material things. It has to be developed in a proper atmosphere.
- Just as the amniotic fluid protects a growing foetus in the womb, marriage and family life grows in an atmosphere of love.
- The husband is responsible for setting the tone under which a house is built. He is the concrete pillar and the woman is the completion of the house.
- A wife is the heartbeat of the home. She is a vine.
- A woman can have a career but her primary purpose is to be a wife. Don’t do other things at the expense of your home.
- Every wife that has her husband’s support will flourish like a vine.
- My family is my primary call, not my career or my friends.
- I will not be a rebellious woman or an irresponsible man.
- I am a vine. I add value to my husband and our home as I operate in love.
- I will support my wife to raise our children in an atmosphere of love.
- I learn the principles of marriage by the One who instituted it , God, and not by that of my parents, friends or the media.
- I am the Head and my wife, the neck. We are one body and must function together to make our home run in the fear of God.
By: Bishop George Adjeman
1. If you don’t have the Holy Spirit,you’ll be a mechanical Christian.
2. You have to be sound-sensitive otherwise you’ll miss the Holy Spirit.
3. The Baptism of the Holy Spirit is the matriculation into the christian life.
1. I am victorious over the power of the enemy because of the Holy Spirit in me.
By: Bishop George Adjeman
1.Don’t live your life as if you have no helper.
2.Anytime you negotiate your obedience to God, you loose your place at the top.
3.Praying in the Holy Ghost is a power transmission channel.
4.Prayer is not an end in itself, but a channel to empower us to obey God.
5.Any God-given star can never be brought down by man.
1. I am never alone in this life.
2. My God-given star can never be brought down by any man.
3. I am untouchable. I remain at the top because I obey God and observe His statutes.
4. I will build up my most holy faith in prayer and arise with the capacity of the Holy Spirit to obey God.
5. Obedience to the Word solves many problems I may have been praying and fasting about.
6. It is never by my might or power. They will fail me. It is by the Holy Spirit. He “de- stresses” me.
Why carry all that baggage?
We believe that the Holy Spirit is co-equal with God the Father and God the Son and is of the same essence. Yet He is also distinct from them.
Scripture describes the Holy Spirit in personal terms, not as an impersonal force, when it says that He teaches, guides, comforts and intercedes.1 He possesses emotions, intellect and will.2 The Holy Spirit spoke to Philip and gave counsel to the church at Jerusalem.3 He was sinned against and lied to.4
The Scriptures also attest to the deity of the Holy Spirit. He is spoken of as God and is identified with the title of Jehovah.5 The Christian who is indwelt by the Spirit is indwelt by God.6 The Holy Spirit possesses the attributes of deity, such as omniscience, omnipresence, omnipotence and eternality.7 He does works only God can do, such as creating, regenerating and sanctifying.8 He is equally associated with the other members of the Trinity.9
The work of the Holy Spirit in the Old Testament differed somewhat from His work in the New Testament. The possession of the Holy Spirit by the believer was not permanent in every case.10 The Spirit had a ministry of restraining sin and in the creation of the world.11
The Holy Spirit today plays a major role in the application of salvation to the individual. It is the Spirit who brings conviction to the unbeliever and causes him to see the truth of the gospel in a clear light.12 Those who respond to this conviction and place their faith in Jesus Christ receive eternal life and a new nature.13 The Holy Spirit unites the believer with Christ and places him in the body of Christ, the church.14 He also unites the believer with Christ in His death, enabling him to live victoriously over sin.15 The Holy Spirit controls the believer who yields to God and submits himself to God’s Word.16 When these conditions are met, the believer lives in the power of the Spirit and produces the fruit of the Spirit.17
The Holy Spirit indwells the believer permanently.18 While the child of God may sin and grieve the Spirit, the Spirit will never leave the true believer.19 Absence of the Holy Spirit is the mark of the unsaved.20 The Holy Spirit seals the believer.21 This ministry guarantees the security of the believer “until the day of redemption.”22
The Holy Spirit sovereignly bestows spiritual gifts or abilities for service to every believer.23 Although His restraint of evil in the world today will cease with the rapture,24 He will continue to be present in the earth. In the tribulation period the Spirit will be involved in salvation and filling.25 In the coming kingdom of Jesus Christ, the Spirit will be in God’s people and the Spirit will be upon the King.26