Sunday, 20th June 2021
Topic: The Father and his home
Preacher: Bishop George Adjeman
1 Corinthians 11:1-12
- The source of the woman is the man and God is the source of the man.
1 Corinthians 11:8-9
- The woman was created for man.
- Man comes through the woman and not from the woman.
- Whatever is the source is also the sustainer.
- Any man that does not have the capacity to sustain a woman cannot be a father.
- The role of the father is not limited to children. It begins with fathering your wife.
- Fatherhood is not a title. It is an assignment, a responsibility.
- The man is the foundation, the woman sprouts out of the foundation and the children are the fruits.
- Fatherhood goes beyond the cars, expensive clothes and accessories. Fatherhood is about leaving a legacy for your children. Impacting positively in all spheres in the lives of your children so that when you’re no more, they can take over.
- How do you know a father has performed his function as a father? Look at his son. A good yardstick for measuring fatherhood is what your son is seen doing.
- If a man has no one to pattern his life after, he has no identity. Being a father requires that you provide an identity for your children. An identity goes beyond the name. Children who do not have a sense of identity with their fathers, find them in the world. Some join all kinds of groups just to feel they belong. Unfortunately, many funds themselves in bad company and get influenced into vices like smoking and teenage pregnancy.1 Corinthians 11:1
- I dare fathers to ask their children to do everything they’re doing now! John 5:19
- The government is not the only one at fault when it comes to the issue of unemployment. Fathers are also responsible to provide work for their children, a vision, purpose and meaning in life. John 5:17
- Hardworking fathers produce hardworking children. John 17:4
- One of the fundamental problems in many homes today is trust. Fathers provide an atmosphere of trust in their children.
Luke 23:46, John 3:35
- Due to lack of trust in some homes, some children marry early just to leave the home. Unfortunately, some fathers sexually abuse their own daughters or children so they find any other place safer than their homes.