Preacher: Bishop George Adjeman
Main Scriptures: Ephesians 5: 23-33, Genesis 2: 15-18
To establish a home and make it prosper, LOVE IS NOT ENOUGH.
You need to prepare by cultivating these virtues.
Your posture in these virtues will determine the kind of marriage you will have.
FACTS TO CONSIDER IN MARRIAGE
- God’s first thoughts concerning marriage is centered on the man.
- When a man marries a woman, he becomes the key to holding the family together.
Husband = house + bond
- Don’t prioritize his physical appearance or his wealth.
TO KNOW WHO TO MARRY:
- He should be in the presence of God.
The Garden of Eden represents “THE PRESENCE OF GOD”. Genesis 2: 15
He must be connected to God and have a rich relationship with God.
The first thing a man needs at the age of marriage is not a woman.
- He must be gainfully working. Genesis 2:15
In marriage, men and women are NOT EQUAL.
- The man must be a cultivator.
Is he a tender, a preserver of seed or a waster?
How fruitful are his conversations? Ephesians 5:25
He should be able to take the raw material (the woman) and nurture her into a fruitful vine.
- He is the protector of the woman. Genesis 2:15
Under no circumstance should he use his physique to intimidate or frustrate the woman.
- He should be able to hear God’s voice and follow God’s instructions.
Genesis 2:16-17. He should have reverence for the Word of God. This is because anytime there are problems to resolve, it is the Word of God that must be consulted, otherwise there will be chaos in the home.
NB: Check whether he loves you or lusts for you.
There is no way a man should compare his wife to his mother. You left your mother to be with your wife so your wife should be your priority.